Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Invited by the Vasto team, I asked my brother and boyfriend to have our lunch here after picking up my brother from the school. 

The first time I visited Vasto Restaurant & Bar, I had it on the first floor. This time, I chose to sit on the second floor where the bar was located.


Since we were so disappointed about the taste last time, Vasto team gave us complimentary grilled chicken breast and lasagna which were our order on the last visit. Beside, we ordered the club sandwiches and mac and cheese to be shared. 

Grilled Chicken Breast - Rp. 38,000

This time, I got the 'real' chicken breast, not the chicken thigh which I got last time. There was a slight change in the menu. They added fresh grilled vegetables for the side dishes beside the potato. Overall taste of the chicken, potato and the vegetables were good, but unfortunately, the sauce was too salty. I even saw the table next to me sent back the plate and told the waiter that it was too salty.

Beef Lasagna - Rp. 39,000

The lasagna was far far better than my last visit. It was creamier, smoothier and got layers. The sauce of the ground beef also had better balance between sweet and salty. Yummm.

Mac & Cheese - Rp. 39,000

For me, the mac and cheese were lack of the cheesy flavour. It was OK, but I prefer more cheese on it. A bit of the smoked beef as the topping added extra flavour to the creamy and rich macaroni. 

Club Sandwich - Rp. 40,000

The sandwich got three layers and the fillings which contained of the smoked beef, sliced cheese, egg and tomatoes were really satisfying. Moreover, the wedges was coated nicely and offered a good crunch. 

I really impressed with the improvement of the Vasto's food. And, I would recommend this place to be a hangout place since the ambience was nice and clean. Moreover, for the smokers, you can freely smoke on the second floor of Vasto Bar. 

Address:

VASTO RESTAURANT & BAR
Komp. Rajawali Village
Palembang

3 comments:

  1. hello ladies !
    have you tried Kopitiam in Rajawali ? (near Classie Hotel)

    looking forward to your review...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried the one near classie, but i tried the one at PIM. We have planned to go there on Sunday & will review it soon! Stay tune! (b)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered salmon to share with my friend and I ordered crab cakes. I thought the salmon was a bit too salty but the cakes at Boston restaurants were so delicious. But most importantly, I'm really happy with the customer service I got.

    ReplyDelete