Tuesday, June 30, 2015

When you live in Paris, I think one thing that you will absolutely buy is baguette!!
Baguette is everywhere in Paris and although there is so many types of butter here, there are only a few that stand out among the others.

One that I have tried is this butter called Le Beurre Bordier.
I only tried one, which is the original one and I already fell in love with it!!

I bought the butter at Lafayette Maison but it is sold in le grande epicerie and some fromagerie as well. 



Jean Yves Bordier Beurre de Baratte
After my recent trip to Brest, Brittany, north part of France, I did not realized that this butter is actually called beurre de baratte which is basically a churn butter. Compared to any other butter, churn butter has a very distict and nice flavor.

In Brittany, they use Le Gall beurre de baratte to make their authentic sable breton and kouign aman. So no wonder their kouign aman and sable always tasted better than what we found here in Paris!

Here is a link to 30 Great Butter that I read. I believe their credentials based on having tasted both of the butter on the top PLUS Wijsman butter that we use a lot in Indonesia is also on the list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment