Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hello!!

Finally I have a chance to write my first blogpost todayyy.
I'm currently living in Jakarta apart from my sister and family while doing my internship in Four Seasons. It's only been a month and I cannot wait for June to come! Sigh.. Still a long way to go.

Anyway, last Sunday, me and some of my relative here in Jakarta went to eat at TAWAN Restaurant at Mall of Indonesia before I have to head back home (Read: Kos..).


TAWAN Restaurant is one of those Chinese restaurant that provide good food with good value. They have been around since 1996 first at Megamal Pluit and continue to expand its flagship to various locations. No wonder TAWAN sounds very familiar to my ear as I'm pretty sure I tried them before in my childhood.


As the name mention, they have specialties in rice porridge. They have a wide variety of porridge from chicken, fish, phi tan, and the combination of them all. 

This time, we decided to try the salted egg and phi tan fish porridge. The porridge itself is tasty but I have to say that the topping is quite disappointing. It's so little and I cannot find any salted egg at all. 

Bubur Telur Asin dan Ikan Phi Tan - Rp 20.000
Tahu Lima Rasa - Rp 26.000

Ikan Dori Telur Asin - Rp 35.000

Cumi Saus Thai - Rp 33.000
Out of the three food items that we ordered to complete our meal. The tofu is the most worth remembering. It is a deep fried tofu and topped them with raw oatmeal mixture which is simple yet unique. Then there also a special fried enoki that we add on after as almost everyone have them in their table. They taste similar to fried calamari but unfortunately they are too salty!

Jamur Enoki Goreng Special - Rp 23.500
Overall, this restaurant is not bad at all. It is a great place to go for your every day lunch/dinner place or when you want to eat Chinese food in limited budget. They are always very busy and crowded that in the meal time, they always have full occupancy and continuous turnover.

-Yd


TAWAN Restaurant
Mall of Indonesia
Lt 1 Unit A - 14
Jl. Raya Boulevard Barat, Kelapa Gading
Jakarta Utara 14240
(021) 4586 - 8074

Website: http://tawan-restaurant.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment