Saturday, April 5, 2014



This was my second visit to PAUL Bakery but the first after I start blogging! 
Too bad that I still did not get a chance to try their bread and croissant since my friends have their preference of what to order and we had a plan to eat dinner at other place after this visit. Sigh...

Paul Bakery Jakarta is still part of Panen Lestari Internusa, the same group that own Galerie Lafayette and Sogo. They did not take any reservation so we have to wait in line to be seated. I was surprise yesterday to see so many people eating in the smoking area compared to when I was there the first time where there is almost no one seating outside. Looking at my photo, I just realise that last time, they said they do not offer full service for those eating outside but look at the photo that I took below, there are several waiters serving, so they probably took that rule out. According to the host and my second time visiting here, they always full packed everyday!


While waiting for our seat, we went inside to the bakery to see what's available and pick our order. However just know that, although the pastry may not be on display, they may still have it inside so if you want to order something, just ask them! :)













So many choices, right?? I could even decide what to order! :D
After looking around, a minute after, we got our seat inside the bakery area and order everything we want to the server.


On my first visit, I ordered Citrus Tartelette Meringue, Raspberry Eclair and Crepes. 
Citrus Tartelette Meringue was good. If you do not like sour, this meringue tart was perfect for you since the sweetness of the meringue balance the sour citrus filling. For me personally, I really like the refreshing sour lemon taste and too bad that this tart only has a very thin layer of the filling!

Tartelette Citron Meringuee - 55k
Raspberry Eclair was awesome. The choux pastry was so light and the filling was not too sweet. It's perfect to have for a high tea!

Eclair aux framboises (raspberry eclair) - 50k 
The very simple Sugar Crepes was very good as well. This is just so simple and honest dish that you could hide anything. It's good and that's all you need.

Sugar Crepes
In my second visit, I ordered three item as well; Fruit Tartlet, Strawberry Millefeuille, and Canele.

To be honest, this was my first time eating Canele! After seeing it so many times in a French bakery, I could resist not to order and try it this time. For those who do not know, Canelé is a traditional French Pastry with a soft and tender custard centre and a dark, thick caramelised crust. The custard batter is flavoured with rum and vanilla and baked in a classic small, striated cylinder mold.

Not having any candle before, I could say whether this was the best or not, but what I knew for sure is that this was yummy especially because of the strong rum and vanilla flavour. However, I do not know if it was supposed to be like that originally, I do not really like the chewy texture that making it to be tough and hard to eat. My friends said that the texture was similar to a tough Bika Ambon. 
Canele - 25k

Fruit Tartlet was good. I would not really recommend anyone to order this on your first visit unless you are really craving for this. There is nothing special about it, just a good fruit tarlet!
Fruit Tartelette - 50k
This was the third pastry that I tried at Paul Bakery that used their pastry cream, so I do not really have much to say about this. Don't get me wrong as the Millefeuille was still very good!
Millefeuille Strawberry - 50k

Will I visit paul again? Most probably YES! Next time, I will make sure that I try their croissant and brought back one of their bread. XD

If you haven't visit them yet, then you should go now! Don't miss out this worldwide renowned bakery as it's definitely worth a try.

PAUL Bakery & Patisserie
Pacific Place
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 52-53, Jakarta, Indonesia 12190
P: (021) 5797-3464
Open: Mon-Sun 10am - 10 pm

Website: (Facebook) Paul Indonesia

0 comments:

Post a Comment