Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ferrandi is one of the professional culinary school in Paris. The school is located in the heart of Paris, just minutes away from St. germain district. Students range from a very young age of 15 that are doing their CAP and apperentice program to someone like me, international student who come around the world. The international student can choose to enroll in either culinary or pastry program, although I knew quite a number of people that did both one after another.

Compared to Le Cordon Blue, Ferrandi may not be as well-known world wide to people who are not in the industry but from my research before entering the school, I found that Ferrandi has better reputation in gastronomy world and even a lot of Le Cordon Bleu alumni recommend Ferrandi as the school to go when you want to learn in a culinary school.

Anyway, the main reason I choose Ferrandi is because of their program that includes 5 months training + 6 months internship.

Just as the name called, it's an internsive program, we have pratical training every day from monday to friday and each week we learn something different.

The first two week is all about tart in any kinds! At first, I felt kinda bored why should we make tart for such a long time, one week for a tart feels enough for me. But at the end, I found that tart weeks are my most favorite! Haha. Furthermore, the many different kinda of dough that we make from pate foncer, pate brisee, pate sucree, dacquoise are all very essential and pastry basics that I need to master.

Here are some of the tart that we make
Tarte aux pomme

Tarte Amandine

Tarte Bourdaloue

Tarte aux fruits

Linzer Torte

Victoria Tart


Coffee Tart (Adapting Pierre Herme recipe)

Vanilla Tart (Pierre Herme)



Tarte Dacquoise

Tarte Chocolat

Tarte au Citron

0 comments:

Post a Comment