Sunday, March 2, 2014

Holyyy Crab! Another big hit in town I would say it.

The Holy Crab officially opened earlier this month on Feb 3. Their great marketing effort approaching medias and bloggers were paid off as they became a hit straight from the beginning. I, myself, knew about them through Eat and Treat. At first I did not really buy what many bloggers had to say about how good they were, yet still, I decided to come here with my parents last Thursday.

We arrived at about 8.15pm for dinner and it was still very crowded. It should be predictable though, since we, Indonesian, have a very highhh curiosity towards everything new.

We waited for about 30 minutes and get seated at the first table in the corner


Tongsis was found in the cashier table and available for lend! 


This is their simple menu. We wanted to order the shrimps and Frosted Beers but they were sold out :(



So we ended up ordering Dungeness crab, a big imported crab. The crab was cooked to perfection. The meat was so sweet, tender and delicious! Compared to the other crab that we ordered, which is a local mud crab. We could absolutely tell the different quality of the crab. For the sauce, we were undecided which one to order between spicy and Holy Moly but since the owner said the Holy Moly was so spicy, we ended up with the spicy sauce. In the end, we got to taste both of the sauce thanks to the nice owner who gave them out for us!

If I have to describe, the sauce assembled a spicy garlic butter sauce which has a lot of garlic flavour mixed with cajun spice.


Dungeness Crab
The Crab came in a big plastic and we throw them out on the table. There was no utensils and plate. They only gave out four kind of crab crackers including wood hammer, scissors, the cracker and shrimp fork. So if you decided to come here, be prepared to eat loosely, not gracefully. :D


Mud Crab


As side dishes, we ordered Sweet Potato Fries and Sweet Corn. I really wanted to try the chicken wings but it was too much for us to eat all of them since my mom does not usually eat much.

I personally really like the Sweet Potato Fries. It came in balls and taste really good.

For drinks, as I mentioned earlier, I really wanted to try the frosted beers but it was sold out. No wonder while waiting for our table, I never saw any beer glasses coming out from the bar area. I think the ambience and environment really push you to drink beers. Almost all tables drink beers and not exception for us as well! Dad and I ordered Budweiser to share and I ordered another Lychee Green Tea which actually came in bottled. The tea was so sweet and I fully regret not to order beer for myself instead!



At last, they gave out a complimentary fruits for dessert!


The Dummies Guide to De-Shelling!


All in all, the food was awesome. I would really recommend everyone to try this. It is worth trying and perfect for any accompany, either with your family or friends.

For the price, it is relatively standard for seafood restaurant. We spend around 1.2 million for 4 people eating and going out with full and satisfied stomach! Anyway, fresh crabs always taste yummy! Get your Louisiana Crabby while it's hot! :)

Here is one last photo of myself :P. See you in the next post!



The Holy Crab
Jl. Gunawarman no 55
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12110
021-2923-6155

Website: http://theholycrab.co.id

0 comments:

Post a Comment