Monday, June 2, 2014

Cuppa Coffee Palembang Icon is the second outlet in Palembang. Before, they had opened their café in Lippo Plaza Jakabaring. Since it is a bit far from the city, I seldom went there. And, now they opened in Palembang Icon, I was excited to give it a try. Moreover, they had 50% discount in selected menu for their grand opening.
 
 

After having our seat, me and my boyfriend asked the waiter what were the discounted menu on that day. All sweet pancakes, selected spaghetti and frappuccinos were half-priced. But, the only spaghetti available was the one with bolognese sauce. We had no choice but to order it. And, we also ordered chocolate pancakes and frappuccinos for our drinks.

Beef bolognese Spaghetti
 
I was disappointed when the waiter sent the food to us. Where was the sauce and the beef? Wasn't it supposed to be beef bolognese?
 
Chocolate Overdose Pancakes
 
I was expecting to have fluffy pancakes since they have quite many pancakes menu. However, it was so awful, tough, not fluffy all. The pancakes were more like a failed bread rather than pancakes. After one bite, I felt like did not want to have the second bite.
 

Avocado Virgin

Milk & Cookies

The frappuccinos were good and thirst-quenching. The avocado virgin was a bit too sweet for me. The milk and cookies was basically a mixture of ice, milk and oreo cookies. I liked the milk and cookies Frappuccino better since it was not too sweet but still refreshing.

Cuppa Coffee Café in Palembang Icon Mall does not have many seats inside the mall, they have more on outdoor seats. And lucky me, I got the last table inside yesterday since I was not really excited to sit outside.

In my opinion, the Cuppa Coffee focused on the drinks rather than the food menus. As the food taste and quality were not up to standard based on the price they have given. Well, maybe because they put emphasis more in socializing café rather than the lunch or dinner place. To add in, the service was a bit too slow, my boyfriend got his spagetthi finished, but I still did not have my failed pancakes. Huff!

Hmm, for your information, they are currently having everyday discounts. 25% discount for food only on Monday and 20% discount for food and drinks from Tuesday till Sunday.

Address:

CUPPA COFFEE
Palembang Icon Mall, 3rd Floor
Jl. Angkatan 45 Palembang

0 comments:

Post a Comment