Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I love family dinner!!
This time, me and my family went to Kuto Besak Theater Restaurant for dinner. Benteng Kuto Besak is a historical place in Palembang beside the Ampera Bridge itself.

Benteng Kuto Besak Restaurant has many kinds of food menu, from Asian to Western. And, we were having seafood for our dinner and gado-gado as the appetizer.



Gado-Gado

Grilled Gurame Fish

Prawn Curry

Grilled Beef Ribs

I really recommend to have the gado-gado. It was so delicious, the spiciness of the peanut sauce was perfect and the vegetables were fresh. The fish and the prawn were also super fresh and not fishy. They had the sweetness and the natural flavor of the seafood. However, I was not impressed with the curry, it was not thick enough and the taste was a bit strange to my liking. The beef ribs was immediately becoming one of my favorite. It was so tender and juicy, the spices were perfectly infused to the meat. Yum yum!

Usually, we went for hot tea for our drinks, but the hot tea price was about the same to the juices. So, me and my mom ordered freshly fruit juice, my brother went for hot chocolate and my dad was having Aceh Coffee.

Strawberry Juice

Aceh Coffee

I really impressed with the interior of this restaurant which was so cozy, vintage and elegant. There was a touch of modern classic inside the building with the crystal lamp in the middle of the room.





There are live music available every night and you can also request some music to be sung by the performers.

Not to forget, they had a big private room for meetings or private party. And, sometimes, they had BBQ dinner on weekend in the outside of the restaurant where there was a small garden.

My score for Kuto Besak Theater Restaurant:
- Ambience: 9/10
- Food : 7/10
- Price : 5.5/10

Address:

KUTO BESAK THEATER RESTAURANT
Jl. Sekanak no. 46 Palembang 30129
(0711) 313978

www.kutobesakrestaurant.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment