Thursday, August 21, 2014

Done the soft opening last week, finally I got to try this newly opened cafe, Luigi Cafe, for my quick lunch today. Usually, I will have my lunch together with my mom and dad, but today they went for lunch together with their guest from Jakarta, so I asked my boyfriend to have lunch together with me.


Ok, firstly, we were VERY hungry. Then, we ordered one main course for each of us plus one portion of toast. After the food came, we immediately ordered one more portion since we saw the portion was small. But in the end, we were super full and my tummy felt like bursting. 


The food menu was basically similar to other cafes or kopitiam in Palembang.

Red Fried Rice - Rp. 27,000

Peanut Butter Toast - Rp. 17,000

Penang Fried Kwetiaw - Rp. 32,000

Grilled Chicken - Rp. 48,000

The waiter recommended us the red fried rice as the chef's recommendation. But I did not really like the taste, it was too much tomato sauce in it which made me could not taste the other. The penang fried kwetiaw was good, with a little touch of chili, not too oily either. 

I love bread and peanut butter, really! At the end, my boyfriend only got to eat two slices of the toast since I ate the rest super quickly. HAHAHA!



The place was clean and comfortable. And the service was super good! Maybe because they had so many waiters in it. As I remembered, they got about ten waiters for such a medium size cafe. And, I think it was more than enough since as you know Palembang cafes never had such a long queue and fully booked although it was lunch or dinner time.

From their motto 'ngopi & kongkow', we know that Luigi Cafe will serve us the best experience of having coffee and chit chat with friends or family. Actually, they served the famous national coffee from Indonesia, like Aceh Gayo, Sumatera Coffee, Bali Kintamani, etc. However, they had not served them at the moment.

Nah, this is my subjective score for Luigi Cafe:
Food: 7/10
Price: 7.5/10 (relatively cheap, all include PPn)
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 8/10

Extra,
Hainanese Chicken Rice - Rp. 33,000

I 'da bao' one chicken rice for my brother since he was still at school when I had my lunch. Hihihi~

OK, till the next post. Ciao!

Address:

Cafe Luigi Ngopi & Kongkow
Jl. Veteran no. 72-73 Palembang
(0711) 374085

0 comments:

Post a Comment