Wednesday, April 2, 2014



Happy Nyepiii!
With a public holiday on Monday, I just had a great great long weekendd and hopefully you do too!

One of my best friend came from Bandung and if that not enough, I borrowed my cousin's car for the week so that I could easily go anywhere (particularly restaurant heaven at Senopatii). Yay!


Le Quartier has been in my waiting list for a while and when me and my friend looked at one blog review featuring their soufflé, we couldn't resist but to go there on the next day for brunch.









Like most places in Jakarta, seating area was divided into 2 areas for smoking and non-smoking. I liked that the restaurant use a lot of natural lighting for the dining area. Not only it gives a great vibe and atmosphere but it also boost your food pictures! XD

Upon ordering, we got the complimentary bread together with our drinks. The bread was warm and yummy although I expect it to have a garlic flavour as well. Haha! Just my little craving here. Hehe ;)



(left) Apple Iced Tea - 42k. (right) Le Quartier Citrus Cooler - 42k
The Citrus Cooler was so refreshing, perfect for any occasion while the apple iced tea was a bit blend than what I was expected it to taste like. It's just like a normal english breakfast tea flavour with sliced apple and blueberry, it needs more of the apple juice flavour I guess.

While waiting, we asked for the dessert menu and order the soufflé straight away, though the waiter said that the dessert will be prepared once our main has all came.


After waiting for a while, our two mains; Fried Egg and Oxtail Hash and Green Pea Truffle Oil Risotto came together.

Fried Egg and Oxtail Hash was awesome! A touch of parmesan slices and wine jus makes it so flavourful and yummy. I really like the oxtail hash that was placed below the fried eggs. I guess they slow cooked and braised the oxtail making it so tender and full of flavour. I glad that I did not go with the waiter's recommendation of egg benedict. This is what I was up to. I great new tasty dishes.
Fried Egg and Oxtail Hash - 108k
Green Pea Truffle Oil Risotto was my friend's choices as she really wanted to eat risotto. The risotto was cooked perfectly and the sauce was great. It was good but not a very recommended choice I would say.
Green Pea Truffle Oil Risotto - 136k


Orange - Grand Marnier Souffle was superb!! I really liked everything about it. It's soft, yummy and cooked to perfection. I just really wanted to make a soufflé that can look and stay for that long and still have that fluffy filling. Yum!

Orange - Grand Marnier Souffle - 108k




I guess this is their sliced cake for the high tea special! 
All in all, the foods were awesome. This was definitely a great place to end our long weekend getaway and I wouldn't mind coming here again someday as there are still many that I wanted to try.

I just quite surprise to see our final bill that cost around 530k and realised that the soufflé actually cost the same as my main! It was a little overpriced but for a great food, great location, it's definitely worth a try. For a second time, big pocket may start to matter ;P


Le Quartier
Jl. Gunawarman No. 34
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan
Phone: +6221 7278 8001

Website: Le Quartier 



0 comments:

Post a Comment