Tuesday, April 8, 2014

When Captain America released last week, I went to the crowded XXI at Plaza Indonesia to watch…. Divergent. Lol

Divergent hips started weeks ago, not only in Indonesia but all around the world. Although it has been weeks after that, I was surprised that our theatre was still packed. Perhaps, many people are like me then. I did not really have a plan to watch it at the beginning and did not feel excited about Divergent at first. However, after reading and listening to many good reviews, I decided to watch it and, no doubt, it’s a gooodd movie, although I couldn't say if it’s better than Hunger Games, it's kind of equal to me.

So.. like what you can guess already. After the movie, my friends and I went to eat at Kitchenette!

I ordered their Grandma’s Chicken Casserole with Creamy White Wine Sauce that came in a medium pan consist of 4 chicken legs (it’s 2 chicken legs split into 2, so it’s 4, right?). The chicken was very goodd with a great Italian herb flavour and the sauce was very light that you can eat them all without feeling sick.

Grandma's Chicken Casserole - 110k



I could eat the whole one portion by myself this time but if I could, I would prefer having this to share.


My two friends order kitchenette’s ‘so called’ specialties, galettes, in two different topping. That’s also one of the reasons why I choose to order their gourmet dish instead since I could still take some bites from them to taste these specialties! Hehe!

Nichollas Galette is made for meat lover! It includes sausage, bacon, beef patties, ham and cheese and you could what kind of bacon you wanted (chicken or pork ham). They are good but I just did not love it. It lacks of something to bind the crepes and the meat together like what pizza usually have and moreover, the menu stated that the galette should be spicy but it did not have any spice at all! In fact, the galette was quite under-season.

Nichollas Galette - 89k


Gusteau Galette has the same sauce as Nichollas, which is mozzarella cheese (I think all of them use the same base anyway!). For Gusteau, the topping was a bit simpler with only bacon and roasted potato chips seasoned with rosemary. The crepe was a bit overcooked that you could smell burn from that.

Gusteau Galette - 69k

All in all, the food was good and decent. I'm happy with my food and if you consider that I could get 4 pieces of chicken leg in those casserole for 110k, it's actually quite worth it especially if you order it  to share! If asked whether I would come back for another visit, the answer is probably nope. Next time I go to PI, Bistro Baron that located opposite to this would be my choice! XD

Kitchenette
Plaza Indonesia Extension 1st Floor
Jl. Mohammad Husni Thamrin Kav 28-30
Jakarta 10350
T: (021) 2992 - 3580

Website: Kitchenette










0 comments:

Post a Comment